Thursday, July 24, 2014

So incredibly blessed, in so many ways....Happy birthday to me!

It's my birthday! I can't help but smile. I can't help but feel all warm inside. Yes, I know I'm another year older, but also another year wiser and another year of my life was filled with so many new and wonderful memories with new and old friends.

Several years ago I wasn't quite thinking like this....I was having what you might call the quarter life crisis. I was living in DC (hello! wonderful place to have a quarter life crisis!). I was playing kickball on the mall. I was making new friends. I was running (slowly but a lot more than I am now). I was doing a lot, but I couldn't see it. I was single. I was not exactly where I wanted to be professionally. I wasn't home. I didn't have kiddos. Oh woe is me, right? 


 

Why was I looking at what I didn't have and NOT at what I did and do have? I traveled the WORLD planning and executing countless meetings and training seminars for military and overseas citizens. I am a nanny to now FOUR awesome kiddos from my sister and her husband. I am a wife, a daughter and a sister. I was playing kickball on the National Mall!! I was making new friends. I did TWO marathons, countless halves, a sprint tri, a full tri and a HALF IRONMAN. I planned countless events and raised over $10,000 to help fight cancer  with the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society. I was learning so much about communications, dedication, commitment, and professionalism. I was learning and growing and preparing myself for this part of my life. I was preparing myself for starting my business. 





Looking back (and I knew it back then too), I loved DC, but I wanted to come home more than anything. I am a New Orleans, South Louisiana girl at heart and I missed hugs and my family. So I left DC. I moved home and started on my new path (bringing a husband with me). 

Starting a business is not easy and it's not cheap but I've been incredibly blessed to have some great clients and very supportive wedding industry mentors, husband, family, and daytime job. I am truly blessed. 




I am blessed because I get to work in an industry that is so incredibly supportive and fun and happy. I am blessed because I get to see so much of NOLA that  I've never seen before and learn so much about it that I didn't know. I am blessed because I get to meet so many wonderful people and work with some amazing clients. 





























 












I am blessed to be another year older and to have met all of these people and because I have a great day time job and I can still work my dream job of being the event coordinator. Is it a lot of work with long hours (hello! 2 JOBS I LOVE!) and little vacation? You bet! But I wouldn't have it any other way! So happy birthday to me!